Farnham, Surrey, UK, 6 October 2016
There are two main purposes:
- To certify EMA referees
- In the longer term to create a common European standard for refereeing at official EMA certified competitions
The content is split into 3 major parts:
- Rules and regulations, clarification and motivation of the rules and regulations used by EMA
- Behaviour, how to act as referee in a different situations, and how to interact with the players
- Certification, an individual written test to examine if the participant has grasped the key points, a certain score is needed for the certification to be granted
The content is focused on RCR, but some is also relevant for MCR.
The participants are expected to show interest for:
- Understanding and exercising the rules and fair play
- Being a referee and help players with clarifications and guidance
- Making sure EMA certified tournaments are refereed in a proper and orderly manner
The participants are expected to read the rules carefully within the last couple of weeks before the seminar:
- Riichi – Rules for Japanese Mahjong, from EMA, 1 April 2016
The expected time table on 6 October is 10am-5pm. Schedule and venue to be confirmed.
The seminar and test will be in English.
The registration is £35, incl. lunch.
The material for the referee seminar has been produced and will be presented by:
- Tina Christensen, author of the official (English) EMA Riichi Rules
- Morten Andersen, head referee European Riichi Championship 2008
- Henrik Leth, referee at several Copenhagen riichi tournaments
The material will be distributed latest at the seminar.